A short-term residential facility for women and their children seeking confidential refuge from an unsafe living situation.
Designed to help women and their children bridge the gap between their time at the Safe House and living independently.
Educational and empowering programs such as, counseling, support groups, and specialized youth programs are offered for all ages groups.
A group of volunteers who are specially trained to provide critical and clear information on scene, in a time of crisis.
Learn about the various ways you can help support Safe+Sound Somerset.Learn More
Our partners improve the lives of survivors with financial support, donations and volunteer projects!Learn More
Numerous volunteer opportunities are available to suit the needs of those who want to help!Learn More
Safe+Sound Somerset provides all new staff members and volunteers with 40 hours of training as recommended and required by New Jersey State Law and the New Jersey Coalition for Battered Women.Learn More
Help us add joy to the lives of survivors of domestic abuse this holiday season through our Holiday Gift Drive!
Our biggest need this year is providing gifts and necessities for our client families during the holidays. The Holiday Wish List below contains the items most often requested by clients during the holidays. These gifts will be distributed to our client and their children who enter our program between now and the holidays.
Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. On behalf of those served by Safe+Sound Somerset, we thank you for your generosity.
This list is to be used as a guideline and your creative ideas are welcome. All items are to be used as gifts. We ask that all items are NEW, unwrapped and have a nonviolent theme.
Holiday paper, tape, and ribbon donations are also welcome.
Please consider that the holiday store is for people of all religious backgrounds.
All items must be dropped off at the
427 Homestead Road, Hillsborough, NJ 08844
• GIFT CERTIFICATES/GIFT CARDS to: supermarkets, gas stations, hair salons, movies, department stores (Walmart, Target, Kmart, etc.) entertainment (video, book, game and music stores), Bridgewater Commons Mall, etc.
• PERSONAL CARE: Jewelry, Candles, Lotion Body Wash Gift Set, nail care, make-up, make-up mirror, Perfume
• NEW CLOTHES: Casual Clothes (In need of small sizes i.e. XS, S, and M), Coats/Jackets, Pajamas, Belts,
• FOOTWEAR: Socks, Slippers
• HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES/KITCHEN ITEMS/ELECTRONICS: Iron, Hair-Dryer and Flat Iron, Alarm clock, Vacuum, Toaster, Toaster Oven, Blender, Baking Pans & Cookware, Coffee Maker, Microwave Dishes, Glassware, Crock Pot,
• LINENS: bed sheets, pillowcases, blankets, comforter sets, mattress pads, towel sets
• OTHERS: Calendars/Day Planners, Purses and/or wallets, Picture Frames
• MALE ITEMS: Wallets, Cologne, T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Boxers, Undershirts, Tools, Flashlights
• GIFT CERTIFICATES to: Game Stop, Electronics Stores (i.e. Best Buys), Sporting Goods Stores, Book Stores, Movie Theaters, Bridgewater Commons Malls, Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts etc.
• NEW CLOTHES: Jeans, T-shirts, Sweaters, Sweatpants, Sweat Suits, Underwear, Undershirts, Winter Coat/Jackets, Pajamas, Fleece Jackets, Junior sizes.
** Sizing considerations: Girls – Adult size XS, S, M, Boys – Adult size S, M, L**
• SPORTS EQUIPMENT: Sports Balls, Bats, Bike/Skater Helmets, Sporting Game Tickets
• GIRL TEENS: Photo Album, Journals/Pens, Perfume, Manicure kits, Purses/Wallets, Make-Up, Jewelry, Watches, Hair Dryers, Curling or Flat Irons, Frames, Fashion Scarves
• BOY TEENS: Gym Bags, Watches, Hoodies (from bigger children’s sizes to adult sizes), Sports Jerseys, Caps/Hats, Cologne, “AXE” Body Spray/Body Wash, Belts, Sunglasses, Wallets
• BABY ITEMS: new clothing, baby monitors, teething items, learning toys
• NEW CLOTHES of all sizes (Baby size: 6 months -5T, Kid size: 6 -16) Coats/jackets/snow suits, pajamas, pants, shirts/sweaters, T-shirts, Jeans, onesies, hats, gloves, scarf, underwear, socks, etc.
• FOOTWEAR: Sneakers, boots, etc
• TOYS: Trucks, Cars, Barbie & Baby Dolls, Science/Educational Kits, Lego's, Dress clothes, Tutorial Toys (i.e. Leap Frog Learning Toys), Hand-Held Games, Arts and Craft items, Snow Sledding Items, super hero toys
• OTHERS: Bike helmets (children’s size), DVD movies,
* PLEASE NO STUFFED ANIMALS
THANK YOU FOR GENEROSITY